Saturday 27 December 2014

TBR Jar and 2015 Reading Challange


Today I was inspired by one of my favourite BookTubers to make a TBR jar (or in my case a TBR tin). TBR stands for To-be-read. The idea that you have a pile of books you really want to read but have not got round to yet. Like most people my To-be-read pile grows faster than I can actually read the books. 

As I am also terrible at deciding what books to read next I though the idea of picking them at random is a great idea. I have also made the paper different colours for the books I own and the books I still need to buy. Yellow for the books I already own and Pink for the books that are currently on my Amazon wish list. I thought that if I read two books I currently own then it is justified to buy a new book that way I don't end up owning hundreds of books I have never read. 

I am not sure if this is going to work for me for the whole year but it is worth giving it a go. It was fun writing down all the book titles anyway. I currently own 54 books that I haven't read so hopefully this will help me get though them. 

In 2015 I am also going to continue with me Goodreads Reading Challenge. Next year I am going to set my challenge to 30 books to read in a year and we will see how it goes. I am currently 1 book away from completing my 2014 challenge which was 20 books. I am confident I will be able to complete 30 next year unless something goes horribly wrong. 






My current TBR for next month is

Girl Online - Zoe Sugg
Never Fade - Alexandra Bracken
Paper Towns - John Green
An Abundance of Katherines - John Green
In the after Light - Alexandra Bracken
City of Bones - Cassandra Clare
The Long earth - Terry Pratchet
Entry Island - Peter May

Here is a link to my Goodreads profile
and my 2014 Reading Challenge

Do you have any idea of how to cut down your TBR?



No comments:

Post a Comment