Sunday 21 December 2014

Run Down

Today is my first day of freedom as yesterday I finished work for a few days.

Unfortunately I woke up today very ill and I'm still having dizziness. I was very disappointed as I had lots of plans for today which I had to chancel and general business around the house to attend to, however, my body wouldn't allow it.

I decided to try and see this as a positive thing. As a time to recover and recharge. I am the sort of person that always has to be doing something. Even on my days off work I am always seeing someone or working on some sort of project.

December has been a particularly stressful month for me. My job is very physical and demanding and it wasn't until I  was forced to do nothing that I realised how wound up I was. It was such a relief on my body and mind when I decided today I would do nothing. I have not left my bed or the sofa all day and didn't have a shower till 4pm!

I have also tried to make my environment and relaxing as stress-free as possible to I can recover properly. I stayed in my PJ's all day and had a nice smelling candle (vanilla and cranberry if anyone is interested) and watch some chilled out Youtube videos I enjoy. 






 I am doing my best to see this as positive thing. Next week I am hoping to feel refreshed. I think if I had kept going today I would have become more run down and eventuality more ill which I don't want. I think I have learnt a good lesson today, that it is okay to take a break and relax because it can do you more good than just powering through it.

Rachel xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment