Saturday 20 December 2014

Bookish Scenarios Tag




1. You have to get rid of all your books and you can only keep one from each of these genres - contemporary, fantasy, non-fiction and one other genre of your choosing. What books do you keep?

For my contemporary I would choose to keep if I Stay by Gayle Forman. It is a truly heart wrenching story and really makes you reflect on your own life and where your priorities are. I think everyone needs to do that once in a while.


 For fantasy I think I would go with the obvious choice. Harry Potter. It's just such a familiar journey. A story I have loved pretty much my whole life.


I don't really read a lot of none-fiction but I chose to go with Grace's Guide. It was a difficult choice between that and My Drunk Kitchen by Hannah Hart. I went with Grace's Guide because I don't think I have cry-laughed as a book so much.



For my other category I went with Death Note. I will never get bored of this book. There is just so much plot and even if I know the story back-to-front I can always appreciate the art work.




2. You're at the book shop and you hear a teenager telling their mum they don't like to read, but their mum insists they pick something. You walk over and recommend a book you think is great for people who aren't big on reading - what book is it?

I would choose The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It is a book that everyone is talking about and this is the book that really got me properly into reading so hopefully it would do the same for others.





3. You're not feeling yourself and need a pick me up. Which book do you read to put yourself in a great mood?


Usually anything at all by John Green. You've just got to love his writing and his characters. 




4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years. What book would you most likely have caught yourself reading?


I maybe was not reading this during my teenage years but particularity when I was younger I would read 'The Worst Witch'. I found it easy to relate to the character of Mildred Hubble trying to fit in and muddle through school with her two best friend whilst trying to stay out of trouble.



5. Your friend surprises you with a 4 day trip and you have 1 hour to pack. Which book do you bring to read on the way?


Usually I would just take with me whatever book I was reading at the time but if I had to choose of course I would go with Mr John Green.




6. Your house has been robbed! Don't worry - everyone is safe, but your bookshelf has been raided. What's the book you really hope is safe?


I have to say my signed copy of Looking For Alaska. It is by far my favourite John Green book and did I also mention it is signed?





7. Your friend borrows a book and returns it in awful condition. Do you a) Just pretend you haven't noticed b) Ask them to repurchase it or c) Secretly do the same to something of theirs

I am usually very careful about who I lend my books to. I am usually more worried about getting them back than what condition they are in. Though I am also very bad at returning books sometimes. I borrowed this copy of The Book Thief from my Aunt and Uncle about a year ago. I took a photo to prove it is in safe hands!

Feel free to answer any of the questions on your blog! I would be really interested to see the different answers.

Rachel xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment