Wednesday 17 December 2014

All Wrapped up!



Hello Blogger Friends!

Long time no blog! I apologise if I have made that joke before, I have not got time to look through all my previous failed come backs. 
Two people mentioned to me today how much they missed my blog. Considering I have not even thought about my blog for many months I took it as a sign that I should start back up again.

Today I got one of my least favourite Christmas jobs out of the way, wrapping. 
It's not that I am ungrateful! I love the opportunity to give gifts to the people I love to show how much I appreciate them. It's the actual wrapping I don't enjoy all that much. I find it very stressful to sit for hours battling with scissors, tape and paper. The finished product never quite turns out how you'd hoped and there is always that one person that turns up with the perfectly wrapped present with extra ribbon and glitter making it look effortless and they claim to actually enjoy the process. Maybe it's my lack of patients or my over all worry that the person I am wrapping for might not like the present but whatever it is I like to get it out of the way as soon as possible. 

To make the experience as stress free as possible I made sure I had the right supplies to keep me going, this includes tea in my favourite mug, enough chocolate to keep me sane (I did have to consume the whole bag of Cadbury's Dairy Milk) and believe it or not I am no Scrooge so my favourite Christmas film was on. The Grinch. Such and epic film in so many ways.







It was a such a relief to finally see all the gifts under the tree. Done and dusted on the 17th of December with a whole week to go before Christmas! I would consider that a special achievement. 

What about you? Does wrapping stress you out or are you one of those creative types that enjoy making their gift into an art piece that will inevitably get ripped open in 30 seconds? 

It's the thought that counts right?

Rach xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment