Saturday 27 December 2014

2015 Resolutions...sort of

It's that time of year again, the time when you reflect on yourself and remember that you have flaws.

 I don't know why I have always hated making resolutions, maybe it's because I know that I will enviably fail at 'eating heather' or 'going to the gym'. I have sometimes thought why do we have to wait until the 1st of January to try and make ourselves different? Is the earth circling round the sun one more time really going to make you a different person when you wake up? I know that the idea of 'new beginnings' can be really inspirational to some people but not really for me.

 I think changing things about yourself comes from experiences in your life that have made you think. I think we all change as we grow and learn. These 'resolutions' I have chosen are something that I have notice are naturally changing about me as I have 'grown up' a bit and had some events in my life that have changed my view. I have also met new people that have inspired me to try and become better. I think that over coming some of our 'flaws' can be a life long journey and sometimes we don't even realised how much we have changed till we look back. Growing and over coming your flaws is not just a 1st of January thing. 

Here are some of my ideas, some of them I have already begin to change over the last few months and I want to continue.

Be more confident

I wouldn't say I am a particularity shy person but I am not the loudest either. When I say 'be more confident' I mean be more confident in my own decisions that what I am doing it right. Sometimes I don't think I am as assertive in my decisions as I should be. I often rely on other people to lead me though certain situations. I am making more of my own decisions at work but I need to be more confident when I think I am right, I have a habit of letting other people change my decision because I don't have enough confidence to make my argument.

Be more organised

I just need to face up to the fact that 'organised' is not one of my personality traits. It takes quite a lot of effort for me to get my head around things. I think that I just need to start getting on top of things by dedicating part of my day to just making sure everything is done or there is a time arranged when everything can get done. I think my life will be a lot less stressful.

Do more things

Lately, I have started doing the same things all the time so I want to stretch my self to do more interesting things. Replacing the time I spend on YouTube and browsing with other things like finishing my sort stories which I have really enjoyed recently. My brother is going to teach me some rock climbing I hope. I don't want to make myself busier, I am busy enough between work and studying but just want to stop pointlessly browsing all the time when I know my mind isn't getting anything out of it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment