Friday 28 June 2013

Favourite Summer Lips


Hello Blogger friends,

Today I am going to talk about my four favourite summer lip products! I feel really nervous about doing this post as I haven't really done it before so just bare with me if it is a bit rubbish. Over the last few months I seem to have accumulated a lot of different lip products, some have been disappointing and some I have been obsessed with and wear almost everyday this summer. 

First off is the new Revlon lip gloss in shade 'Kiss me coral' Which I think is a super cute name.
 First of all it smells really nice. It smells a bit like penny sweets. I feel that it stays on for a lot longer than a normal lip gloss. It feels nourishing on the lips and is not too sticky. I am in love with the light corally shade. When you look at the actual lip gloss it's self it had lots of sparkly, shimmery flecks of gold in it which excites me a lot. I really would like to try some other shades but unfortunately I don't have an endless supply of money to spend.

 My next favourite is from Rimmel London and is part of the Kate Moss Lasting Finish collection in shade 5.
I have never been disappointed by a Rimmel lipstick. Where other lipsticks tend to dry out my lips I find that this lipstick goes on smooth and creamy. I also really like the smell of this one too but maybe it's my weird thing that I like the smell of make-up products. I like this shade as it is more of a natural picky tone, perfect for summer! 

Now another product from Rimmel. Apocalips lip Lacquer in colour Steller. 


I don't even now where to begin! The colour comes out pretty much neon pink, I don't think the camera and the lighting is showing it that well but trust me, NEON! Even though it comes in a liquid form I  would still say it feels more like a lipstick than a lipgloss. Initially when you apply it it looks and feels great but after a while it does go a bit gross and makes my lips crack a little but I would still say it lasts longer than other lipsticks. It is such a summery look that I go for on the days when I am feeling a lot more daring. 

Lastly is L'oreal Glam Shine Stain Spash (really? I don't think that name could be any longer) in colour 300 Juliet.
The colour is a lot brighter in real life, I don't think the lighting is doing it much justest. This colour is so bright and vibrant and lasts forever! Seriously, I hardly ever have to touch it up. Out of all the lip products I have talked about so far this one feels the nicest on your lips. Sometimes I forget that it is even there but it doesn't matter because it still looks great after several hours. I rarely wear this during the day, I only wear it for going out in the evening. I have worn it in a few blog posts lately HERE and HERE.

Hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know if you have tried any of these? Which one is your favourite? Do you have any that you would recommend to me? 

xxx

10 comments:

  1. These all look so lovely on you!! Especially the Loreal one. It looks so glamorous and I really want to check it out now! I also agree with you about the Revlon lip gloss. Revlon are by far my favourite brand for lip products! Have you tried any of their lip butters? I'm really into them at the moment. Lovely blog post by the way, you had no need to feel nervous about it =) xxx

    http://squares2790.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I really should try the lip butters! xx

      Delete
  2. Great post! I have tried the Apocalips (in Luna- a nice nude colour)and I love it too :) I really want to try the Revlon lipgloss in Kiss Me Coral but every Boots I go to it seems to not be there!

    laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha It's so popular at the moment! Everyone is into it. xxx

      Delete
  3. I like the second and the last one best, but the last one a little bit more. You know I'm a sucker for red lips, haha.
    You should seriously consider wearing this in daytime, it took me a while to get used to people staring at me because of my lipstick but I find it gives me so much confidence now because there are so few who dare wear those colours.

    I don't know if these are available in the UK but Catrice makes gorgeous and high quality lipsticks for like 3 € or some such.

    xx

    kazetime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really good blog, I might try the Apocalips out, it looks really good quality and it's a lovely shade :)

    http://storytellershannon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Rachel, I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award =) I hope that you'll want to join in! xx

    http://squares2790.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg I love the first lip gloss! The little gold sparkles in it are so cute, its such a warm colour, definitely going to go out and purchase that :D

    www.tinks071296.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely post - you look so pretty!

    tried to follow your blog but i didn't see your GFC widget anywhere :(

    from helen at thelovecatsinc | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! sorry I don't have one :/ You can follow me on bloglovin! xxx

      Delete